Sales associates of the year celebrated
At Nationwide’s virtual Sales Meetings, the sales teams celebrated the top achievements in 2021. From retaining and expanding business with key clients to growing new business, the Sales Associates of the Year were recognized for their exemplary achievements within Nationwide. Not only did they excel on the clock, the winners were also honored for their leadership in their communities while off the clock.
“In addition to remarkable sales performances, these associates are living out Nationwide’s mission in their communities,” said Mark Berven, President of Property & Casualty, “They help make Nationwide a trusted, caring and customer-focused protection company.”
Amanda Bianconi – Excess & Surplus/Specialty
- Amanda served as a member of the Advisory Board of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation since 2018 and, after completing the Forum for Emerging Leaders program herself, she decided to give back to the program by serving as a coach to current participants.
Brent Dorman – Nationwide Agribusiness
- Brent volunteered with the Nationwide Ag Consulting Team, the Premier Customer Program and the Club 26 Committee and is active in many ag industry events across his territory to support the continued growth of members and the industry.
Gina Franklin – Small Commercial Sales and Distribution
- Gina volunteered over 100 hours of time in 2021 with several organizations and was the co-lead for the United Way campaign for California associates.
Valerie Lunasol – Nationwide Private Client
- Valerie was a mentor for associates, completed the Scottsdale Leadership Development Academy (LDA) program and served as a coach.
"We are proud of these associates’ outstanding contributions that have impacted our partners, members and communities,” said John Carter, President of Nationwide Financial. “These associates have gone above and beyond to provide extraordinary care in all that they do.”
Doug Allen– Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- Doug organized a Christmas toy drive for firefighters' children in LaFourche Parish who lost their homes in Hurricane Ida.
Paula Cole – Nationwide Corporate Solutions, Pension Risk Transfer
- Paula has served as the AWARE associate resource group (ARG) vice president and was on the Board of Trustees for Thurber House. She also serves as the District Activist Leader for the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society for Columbus, Ohio.
Brian Harriff – Nationwide Annuity
- Brian volunteered and donated to Samaritan's Purse, a charity that aids the world's poor, sick and suffering with food, medicine and other assistance. Brian also volunteered at the food bank in Allen, Texas.
Karl Kuenning – Nationwide Life Insurance
- Karl is an active member of Be an Angel, a charitable organization benefiting children with multiple disabilities or profound deafness.
Barbie Walsh – Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- Barbie supports Forge Evolution, a Colorado Springs organization that offers a restorative justice teen court program.
Alisha Zaayer – Nationwide Life Insurance
- Alisha has volunteered for several organizations, but focuses on autism-related charities such as NEXT, TACA, and Autism Speaks.