Official Rules – [Pet Love] Patch Giveaway Sweepstakes
These are the Official Rules for the Nationwide [Pet Love] Patch Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company ("Nationwide"), One Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase the odds of winning.
- 1.1. Open to Legal Residents. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, except where excluded and prohibited by law, who: (a) are 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, whichever is greater, and (b) are legally able to work in the United States. Excluding the state of [Washington and Georgia]. No purchase is necessary.
- 1.2. Nationwide Excluded. Employees and agents of Nationwide, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
- 1.3. No Other Sponsorship. The Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
2. How to Enter.
2.1. Promotion Period.
The Sweepstakes will run from [August 4, 2022], at 12:01 am PST, to [September 2, 2022], at 11:59 pm PST ("Promotion Period").
To enter the sweepstakes, entrants can enter one of two ways:
1. Follow the Nationwide Pet Instagram account and create an Instagram Reel using Lisa Vanderpump’s ‘Nationwide Pet Celebration’ Instagram Reels audio.
2. Post a photo of your pet with the following hashtag, #NWPetLovePromo.
All entries in the Prize drawing have an equal chance of winning. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Limit one (1) entry during the Promotion Period. Nationwide will disqualify anyone found to have submitted multiple entries. In addition, Nationwide will not consider ineligible, illegible, or incomplete submissions or postings on private Instagram pages.
Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Nationwide, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Nationwide is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in printing the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal entries.
2.5. Participant's Consent.
Entry constitutes consent to participate in Promotions and for Nationwide to obtain, use, and transfer the entrant's photo for Promotion administration purposes. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize, Entrants grant Nationwide permission to use their name, likenesses, and image in connection with the Contest for purposes of advertising, publicity, and promotion purposes, without further compensation to the entrant, unless prohibited by law.
Nationwide will choose the winners from all eligible entrants through random drawings and notify the winners via Instagram. If a winner is not eligible or if Nationwide cannot contact the winner, the winner's prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
(a) Award. There will pet patches given to the first 50 people to enter the sweepstakes. Total ARV: [$256.00]
(b) Expenses and Taxes. Prize winners are responsible for any expenses incurred in connection with the prizes. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Nationwide reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an offered prize is unavailable. All federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize details not set forth herein are the sole discretion of Nationwide.
(c) Legal Documents. If requested, winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) Publicity Release within three days of notification. Failure to do so may result in disqualification, forfeiture, or award to an alternate winner.
5. General Rules.
- 5.1. Applicable Laws. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. The prize winner may receive an IRS 1099 form for the value of their prizes. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges' decisions, which are final and binding on all matters relating to Promotions.
- 5.2. No Responsibility. Nationwide, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage-due, or any combination of the above.
- 5.3. Nationwide's Rights. Nationwide can void any entrant's entry who it believes has attempted to tamper with or impair Promotion administration, security, fairness, or proper play. Nationwide reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion if necessary due to circumstances beyond Nationwide's control. If the Promotion is terminated early, the judges will select the winners from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
6. Governing Law and Disputes.
- 6.1. Governing Law. This Promotion is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States and the state of [Ohio] without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof.
- 6.2. Disputes. Except where prohibited, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded, or the determination of winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages or any other damages, including attorneys' fees. Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Winner List.
For an Official Prize Winners List (available 30 days after Promotion end date) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: [PET LOVE PATCH GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES Request, Nationwide, Marketing Department, PO Box 2488, Brea, CA 92822.].
9. Abbreviated Rules.
No purchase is necessary. The sweepstakes begins on August 4, 2022, at 12:01 am PST, and ends on September 2, 2022, at 11:59 pm PST. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of U.S. and except where prohibited by law, who are at least 18.