Official Rules - Nationwide Dog Dugout Sweepstakes
These are the Official Rules of the Nationwide Dog Dugout Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (“Nationwide”), One Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, except where prohibited, who or excluded by the Official Rules: (a) are 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, whichever is greater, (b) are legally able to work in the United States, and (c) the owner of a dog prior to July 18, 2022. No purchase is necessary. The following states are excluded: Washington, Kansas, Nebraska, and Maine.
Employees and agents of Nationwide, the PDL Entities, the MLB Entities (defined below) and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, together with Nationwide, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The “PDL Entities” means Sponsor, MLB Professional Developments Leagues, LLC (“PDL”), each PDL Club, each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which now or in the future controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with PDL and the PDL Clubs and PDL Leagues, and all officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, and members of those entities. The "MLB Entities" means the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
NATIONWIDE DOG DUGOUT SWEEPSTAKES OVERVIEW
Nationwide partnered with PDL to choose one dog to be featured on the logo of the newly created Nationwide Dog Dugout website on milb.com from January 2023 – December 2023.
Fans may enter the grand prize drawing by entering their information through the online entry form at https://www.milb.com/about/nationwide-dog-dugout inclusive of submitting an original photo of their dog (“Dog”). One (1) person will be chosen as the overall winner, also known as the “Grand Prize Winner”, from all the eligible entrants during the promotional period through a random drawing.
In addition to the grand prize winner, ten (10) people will be chosen as the winners of a smaller prize each, also known as “Runners Up Winners”, from all the eligible entrants during the promotional period through a random drawing.
In addition to the Grand prize drawing and the runners up, for a chance to win a weekly prize, fans may post their Dog Photo on social media (Twitter or Instagram) using #NWDogDugoutSweepstakes for a chance to win.
Once the lucky grand prize winner is chosen, the winner will have the opportunity for their Dog to be drawn up in an animated format to be the face of the Nationwide Dog Dugout logo plus win a prize package. The animated dog will be featured as the Nationwide Dog Dugout logo from January 2023 – December 2023.
HOW TO ENTER
The Sweepstakes will run from July 18, 2022 at 12:00am EST to August 22, 2022 at 11:59pm EST (Sweepstakes Period).
To enter the grand prize drawing, visit the Nationwide Dog Dugout Sweepstakes website and complete the fields on the entry form located at https://www.milb.com/about/nationwide-dog-dugout
A photo of the Dog will not be submitted on the entry form and will instead be obtained once the winner has been randomly chosen. All entries in the Prize drawing have an equal chance of winning. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
In addition to the Grand prize drawing, for a chance to win a weekly prize, fans should post a photo of their Dog on social media (Twitter or Instagram) using #NWDogDugoutSweepstakes for a chance to win.
Limit one (1) entry in the Prize drawing, per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Anyone found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified.
i. Entry constitutes consent to participate in Sweepstakes and for Nationwide, PDL, and MLB to obtain, use, and transfer the entrant’s name, address and other details for Sweepstakes administration purposes. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, Entrants grant Nationwide, PDL, and MLB permission to use their name, likenesses, and image along with their pet’s image in connection with the Sweepstakes for purposes of advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, without further compensation to the entrant, unless prohibited by law. Participants also acknowledge and agree, acknowledge that (i) with respect to their Dog’s likeness, that Nationwide the shall have the right (subject to applicable law) to incorporate certain images of their Dog into the Dog Dugout National Logo and use such imagery as incorporated therein; and (ii) Participant shall have no right of approval of any use of the Dog Dugout National Logo.
Nationwide, PDL, and MLB will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, or mutilated entries; technical or mechanical malfunctions; errors in the Official Rules, in any related ads or materials; or processing error. Nationwide, PDL, and MLB reserve the right to void the entry of any Entrant who they believe has attempted to tamper with or impair Sweepstakes administration, security, fairness, or proper play.
One (1) person will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner and ten (10) people will be chosen as runners-up through a random drawing. Winners will be notified via Email. Weekly drawing Winners will be chosen from those entrants using the hashtag.
Drawings for the weekly prizes will take place on Mondays at 12:00pm EST from July 25, 2022– August 22, 2022. Drawings for the Grand Prize and 10 Runner Up Prizes will take place on August 23, 2022. If a Prize winner is not eligible to win, or if Nationwide is unable to contact the winner after a reasonable effort, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Grand Prize (1 winner)
- The opportunity for an illustration of winner’s Dog featured in the Nationwide Dog Dugout logo on MiLB.com from January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
- The opportunity for winner’s Dog to be featured for one month in Nationwide Pet Companion newsletter
- Nationwide Pet goodie basket with Nationwide branded items at Sponsor’s sole discretion
- VIP Experience for winner at their local ballpark including four (4) reserve tickets for winner and three (3) guests, $50 food voucher for winner only, $100 team shop gift card for winner only, the opportunity to throw out the first pitch, and the opportunity to receive scoreboard recognition at a game in 2023 (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED. Exact nature and duration of the opportunity to throw out the first pitch shall be determined in the sole discretion of PDL and subject to availability and the rules and regulations of PDL and MLB. Seat locations at the game/event/exhibition and, unless otherwise stated in the prize description, exact game/event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner’s guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her(their) jurisdiction(s) of residence unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minor League Baseball game/event/exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the PDL and/or the applicable PDL Club and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize will govern in the event a legal game/event/exhibition, as defined by PDL, is not played or held due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the PDL Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game/event/exhibition. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions; acts of God; acts of terrorism; civil disturbances; local, state, or federal regulation, order, or policy; work stoppage; epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety; or any other event outside of their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Minor League Baseball game/event/exhibition. Minor League Baseball game/event/exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game/event/exhibition ticket. Participation in the prize event is subject to winner’s (and guest’s) consent to and compliance with all health and safety policies of the MLB Entities, including but not limited to the wearing of masks if and when directed and the requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., having received a final vaccination dose at least 14 days prior to the event).
Runner Up Prizes (10 winners)
- Goodie basket with Nationwide branded items at Sponsor’s sole discretion
ARV: $25 each
Total ARV: $250
Weekly Prizes (5 winners)
- Select MiLB licensed dog apparel at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
ARV: $25 each
Total ARV: $125
Weekly prizes will be randomly chosen from social media entrants using #NWDogDugoutSweepstakes. Winners will be chosen each Monday at noon from July 25, 2022– August 22, 2022.
Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Nationwide’s sole discretion. Nationwide reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
If requested, winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within three days of notification. Failure to do so may result in disqualification, forfeiture, or award to alternate winner.
The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States and the state of Ohio without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Prize Winner may receive an IRS 1099 form for the value of their prizes.
Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Nationwide, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Nationwide, PDL, and MLB are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal entries.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to release and hold harmless Nationwide, the PDL Entities, the MLB Entities, and all officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, and members of those entities, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
Nationwide, the PDL Entities, and the MLB Entities reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
For a list of Prize winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Nationwide Dog Dugout Sweepstakes Request, Nationwide, Marketing Department, One Nationwide Plaza, MC 1-25-401, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by any of the PDL Entities. Minor League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the PDL Entities. All rights reserved.
No purchase is necessary. Sweepstakes begins on 7/18/22 at 12:00am and ends on 8/22/22 11:59pm. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of U.S. and except where prohibited by law or excluded by the Official Rules, who are at least 18. Official Rules located at https://www.milb.com/about/nationwide-dog-dugout