Nationwide to give away one million free Amazon Echo Auto devices
Amazon Echo devices allow Alexa to make life easier by providing unlimited access to information. With Echo Auto, you can have Alexa in your car too, and Nationwide wants to help you get one for free!
Nationwide will give away one million Echo Auto devices to qualifying new and existing auto insurance policyholders in select states1. The free Echo Auto promotion will be available beginning Sept. 25 while supplies last. Those interested in receiving one can visit nationwide.com/GetEcho or contact their local Nationwide insurance agent.
“Voice services like Alexa will continue to impact our lives. Nationwide wants to leverage this technology to meet our members’ needs in new and unique ways,” said Nationwide’s President, Emerging Businesses Group and Chief Marketing Officer Terrance Williams.
Nationwide will also be introducing three new features to its skill for Alexa:
- New Driver Checklist: Provides a safety checklist to help drivers learn safe driving habits;
- Nationwide’s Roadside Assistance: Nationwide members can call Nationwide Roadside Assistance for help;
- Road Conditions: Quickly check weather and road conditions before heading out.
Nationwide members can also access their Nationwide SmartRide information through Echo Auto and use the device to find a local insurance agent.
“We believe that voice is the most natural way of interacting with technology—and there’s no place where voice can be more effective than the car,” said Miriam Daniel, Vice President of Alexa and Echo Devices, Amazon. “As we designed Echo Auto, we thought a lot about the unique on-the-go experiences that our customers would want and worked closely with Nationwide and others to create new skills purposely built for the vehicle. We’re excited for Nationwide members to experience Echo Auto—now they’ll be able to just ask Alexa for their favorite Audible book, to hear the morning news, set a reminder to pick up groceries on the way home, and so much more.”
Along with this promotion, Nationwide will be introducing a digital insurance experience on its information site on Amazon.com. Amazon shoppers can learn more about the promotion and use their Amazon login information to start an online quote with Nationwide. This news is one example of the innovation projects happening across Nationwide to reimagine how to provide protection, piece of mind and delight to customers. Other actions include:
- Nationwide recently announced that in late 2019, the company will launch Spire – a simple, easy-to-understand digital auto insurance platform, built on fair and straightforward principles and designed to be convenient and accessible from your phone.
- Nationwide has partnered with Slice Labs to develop on-demand rideshare insurance solutions for drivers who work for transportation network companies (TNC), such as Uber and Lyft.
- Nationwide’s venture capital team has made several investments to date, including Socotra, Betterview, Nexar, BlueVine, blooom, Insurify, Next Insurance, Maticand Sure.
- Nationwide plans to open a new innovation center in the Arena District near its Columbus, Ohio-based headquarters in 2019.