Looking for answers to pet health concerns, day or night? Nationwide® can help
vethelpline® by Nationwide gives pet owners access to advice from veterinary experts any time
Pet parents have a new and convenient way to get personalized, expert advice on pet health questions or medical concerns, thanks to Nationwide.
The nation’s largest pet insurer, protecting more than 1 million pets, is launching vethelpline by Nationwide, a standalone subscription service that offers live, 24/7 access to advice from veterinary experts through any mobile device.
vethelpline by Nationwide offers subscribers:
- Access to experienced veterinary experts at any time of day or night to answer general questions or identify urgent care needs through in-app chats and phone consultations
- In-app photo sharing and click-t0-call capabilities to assist with discussing the pet’s issue with vethelpline staff
- A catalog of articles related to the most popular topics sought by pet owners, including health and safety tips for dogs and cats
In addition to providing guidance on a pet’s general health, behavior, and wellbeing, vethelpline staff can address urgent toxicology, emergency, and critical care concerns. Although vethelpline experts will not diagnose or prescribe medication, a call or chat can help both pet parents and veterinary teams by:
- Providing guidance on when a perceived pet problem is nothing to worry about
- Offering suggestions on home-based care that treats the issue or helps the pet until a veterinarian can be seen
- Helping to sort pet health issues into “emergency,” “next-day” or “wait a while” veterinary visits
- Keeping lines of communication with the family veterinary practice clear by answering routine pet-care questions
“vethelpline’s standalone service is the latest example of Nationwide’s efforts to democratize pet health care and help all pet families experience better lives together,” said Nationwide Chief Pet Officer Heidi Sirota. “Pet families have different needs, budgets and preferences around managing their animal’s care and we’re excited to offer a telehealth service that makes live, expert pet health advice very accessible.”
vethelpline by Nationwide is offered in subscriptions of six-month, three-month, and monthly packages of unlimited interactions. Packages start at less than $10/month and one plan covers up to 10 pets in a single household.
Nationwide pet insurance members currently have vethelpline as a benefit included in their insurance coverage and will continue to receive complimentary access to the recently enhanced service now widely available to the general public as a standalone subscription.
To learn more or to subscribe, visit petinsurance.com/vethelplineapp and download the mobile app.
For information about Nationwide’s full range of pet insurance plans, visit petinsurance.com.