Nationwide and Samsara Partner to Protect Commercial Trucking Customers with Video Telematics
- New partnership allows Nationwide E&S insureds to leverage Samsara’s leading video telematics solutions in their operations at a subsidized cost
- Video telematics offer truckers protection against costly hazards outside their control
- Nationwide and Samsara are also developing a commercialized product for the underserved non-fleet market with 10 or less commercial trucks
Commercial truckers are tasked with protecting their vehicles and businesses from myriad hazards, yet some of the costliest accidents are often outside of their control. Nationwide has partnered with Samsara to help commercial trucking customers protect themselves against external threats and take advantage of easy-to-implement fleet management. Through the partnership, Nationwide’s E&S customers with 11 or more commercial trucks will be able to leverage Samsara’s artificial-intelligence based video telematics solutions and best-in-class fleet management software at a reduced cost.
According to Samsara, more than half of its dash cam customers have used footage to exonerate drivers in the past year – saving $5,000 to $25,000 on average, with some customers saving over $100,000 a year. Additionally, 15% of Samsara dash cam customers have reported reduced insurance premiums after successfully implementing and managing the Samsara telematics program.
“As we continue to listen to our insureds and agents, we know that our trucking clients seek innovative solutions to protect their drivers, their trucks, their reputations and ultimately, their livelihoods,” said Gary Flaherty, Vice President E&S Commercial Auto at Nationwide. “This new capability will bring needed protection and ease to these clients to defend against outside hazards and learn from operational insights that translate to their bottom lines.”
The new telematics program will offer Nationwide insureds significant benefits, including:
- Artificial intelligence dash cameras designed to support Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features
- Simple self-installation in less than 15 minutes and dedicated onboarding support for Nationwide insureds
- Internet-connected cameras auto-upload all incident footage to the cloud
- In-cab feedback and video-based coaching
- Real-time GPS fleet tracking and vehicle diagnostics
- Mobile Driver App with Electronic Logging Device (ELD) data, routing and messaging
- Customized monthly and quarterly safety reporting to track and support safety initiatives
“At Samsara, we know that intelligent dash cameras are one of the most effective technologies for improving fleet safety. With this technology now available for eligible Nationwide E&S insureds, we have the opportunity to protect even more drivers and give them the tools to prevent road accidents before they occur,” said Iain Denham, Senior Director, Global Partner Sales at Samsara. “We’re incredibly excited about the immediate safety benefits of this program and look forward to the continued development of our partnership with Nationwide.”
As the industry moves toward an increased focus on profitability and risk management, Nationwide’s partnership with Samsara illustrates its continued investments and growth in commercial telematics offerings. Nationwide’s Vantage 360 suite of telematics products serve its Standard Commercial customers with telematics and fleet management solutions with an increased focus on safety and efficiency.
Nationwide and Samsara are also in development of a commercialized product for the underserved non-fleet market with 10 or less commercial trucks, with the goal to test and rollout in late 2020.
Learn more about the new program by following this link.