President, Nationwide Corporate Solutions
Joe Sprague is president of Nationwide Financial’s Corporate Solutions organization, which is a portfolio of businesses that offer a unique and broad range of financial products and solutions. The businesses, in various stages of maturity, serve small, medium and large companies, as well as the top brokers and intermediaries who work in those markets.
· Nationwide Business Solutions Group (NBSG) is a nationally recognized leader in the corporate owned life insurance (COLI) industry, and a top product provider in that market with more than $20 billion in assets.
· Nationwide Securities-backed Lending distributes our Smart Credit product, giving Advisors’ clients ready access to capital and allowing Advisors to manage both sides of their clients’ balance sheet.
· Nationwide Securities, LLC provides brokerage support and oversight for a variety of securities offered by their registered representatives.
· Nationwide Specialty Insurance delivers innovative employee benefit and accident and health solutions to businesses and their employees to help them live more secure lives.
· Nationwide Pension Risk Transfer is an exciting new opportunity for Nationwide Financial that allows plan sponsors to de-risk their pension plans by transferring liability to Nationwide.
Previously, Joe was SVP of Nationwide Financial Network (NFN). In that role, he led the NBSG team, as well as sales teams focused on growing the distribution of Nationwide’s financial services offerings through a network of agency partners and directly to members. Joe also had responsibility for the NF Innovation team and the Advanced Consulting Group, which offers consulting on complex retirement planning cases.
Joe has extensive financial services experience in sales, relationship management and business development. In a prior role, he served as VP of NF’s Relationship Strategies team. There he led NF’s focus firm strategy to expand partnerships with key broker/dealer and distribution partners and deepen multi-product relationships with them. Joe’s experience outside of Nationwide includes serving as VP and Director of National Accounts with AIM Management Group.
Joe earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Earlham College and holds the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designations. In addition, he is a Certified Business Coach through the World Association of Business Coaches (WABC). Joe is also a member of The Association of Advanced Life Underwriters (AALU).
Joe is a Board member of the Homeless Families Foundation and serves as a children’s reading volunteer.